Sunday, July 14, 2013

El Primer Día...The First Day

My first day in Cuernavaca was great!  The flight was only an hour and a half, and I was in Mexico City before I knew it.  The drive to my host family was a bit long, but it was nice to see the various stores, buildings, homes, etc on my way.  I reached my home around 5 pm, and was welcomed by my host parents.  They have been absolutely wonderful--I adore them already!  They are a rather elderly couple that have treated me with such kindness.  Their names are Eduardo and Julia, but I call them Mamá y Papá.  I will be going to Kukulcan tomorrow morning for orientation and class.  Papá and I have decided we are going to walk to the school (less than two miles away) so that I can see all that is around in the town.  I will write more when I can!  Saludos!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment